Friday, June 03, 2011

Book 3: The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld

The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld. Razorbill, 2006

The sequel to Peeps, though could probably be read on its own; I didn't remember a whole lot about Peeps but everything got explained.

I had some trouble getting into this: the first half is primarily about five people forming a band and seemed to be written for an audience far, far crazier about music than I am. Once the intersection of the band plot and the science fiction elements became clearer, I enjoyed the book much more. Despite its depressing title and some very disturbing elements, it's got a positive side and was very funny in spots. Negatives are the constant catchphrases used by almost every character, and that quite a few of the characters are really unpleasant. (First person narratives by unpleasant characters are haunting me right now... I'm having very bad luck with my chosen audiobook. More later.)


Reading: 2 hours, 25 minutes
Blogging: 8 minutes
Networking: 7 minutes

Labels: , ,