Friday, June 03, 2011

Book 2.5: Chime by Franny Billingsley

Chime by Franny Billingsley. Penguin, 2011

Well rats. Looks like a lot of interesting potential here, quite possibly themes I would really appreciate (does her sister has Autism?) and intriguingly reminscent of We Have Always Lived in the Castle, but somehow I just can't get into it. Briony's continued insistence on her guilt and horribleness makes me feel like I'm being hit on the head with a hammer and all the fantasy elements are too weird for me. Probably a great book, perhaps I'll try it again another time.

~40 out of 361 pages
Reading: 20 minutes
Blogging: 6 minutes

Labels: ,

2Bligs:

Blogger Charlotte bligged...

Oh my goodness, I felt the same way...I think I made it to about page 50. I mean to try again--maybe I was just in the wrong mood.

But it does put me off when a character insists she's horrible.

6/03/2011 3:25 PM  
Blogger web bligged...

I was thinking, from what I read and what I skimmed, that it would have made a great short story. But a whole book of it was overkill.

6/03/2011 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home