Sunday, June 06, 2010

Finish Line Post

My I start by saying that I vote we find some kind of magic math widgit to enter all our numbers into before next year? Because the bookkeeping for this is a pain.

So. My books:
Everything is Fine - intermediate
The Tear Collector - YA
My Double Life - YA
Breathe My Name - YA
Silent in the Grave - adult
Mozart and the Whale - adult nonfiction
Brandon Buckley's Universe and Everything in It - intermediate
thinandbeautiful.com - YA
The London Eye Mystery - intermediate
Get Real - intermediate


Plus started The Wizard of Karres and listened to a section of Downtown Owl


Total pages: 2575, not counting time listened to audio and books I chose not to continue
Total time reading: 21 hours, 21 minutes
Total time listened to audio book: 2 hours, 2 minutes
Total time blogging: 3 hours, 18 minutes
Total time networking: 1 hour

Grand total: 27 hours, 41 minutes!

Wow, that is way more than I expected to do! And I enjoyed almost all of it! I would call this my best book challenge ever; I didn't push myself to uncomfortable limits like last year, but I kept plugging and accomplished a lot. Being able to listen to an audio book for part of the time was a tremendous help -- I could get a few things done, but still feel like I was participating. The networking time was also a nice break. The challenge rules have evolved in really helpful ways since the first one.

I basically enjoyed everything I read, too. Breathe My Name has the odd distinction of being both the best and most memorable book I read, and the most disappointing.

I received 21 comments, which means I will donate $21 to the local Friends of the Library. Thanks to everyone who commented and made it more fun!

Labels:

5Bligs:

Blogger Amanda bligged...

Awesome job!

6/06/2010 2:58 PM  
Blogger Mystee bligged...

Congrats on getting more hours in than you thought :)

6/06/2010 3:21 PM  
Blogger MotherReader bligged...

Great job! Thanks for playing!

6/06/2010 4:15 PM  
Blogger Charlotte bligged...

Congratulations!

And boy do I hear you on the math part! But it would really have to be magical to keep track of all the fractured blocks of time that were my last 48 hours...

6/06/2010 4:55 PM  
Blogger Camille bligged...

I am usually not so "addition" challenged but this year my math seemed unbelievably convoluted. I needed a "clock in/clock out widget."
This was really the first year I was able to focus for stretches at a time. It was fun.

6/06/2010 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home