Friday, June 04, 2010

Book 4: Breathe My Name

Breathe My Name by R. A. Nelson

Well, shoot. I was just loving this book, and really admiring how the author had managed to keep such a shocking story from seeming sensationalistic, when it suddenly turned into a lurid melodrama. It's so disappointing, because everything other than that is exquisitely crafted. There's a believable romance with a sweet, funny guy and an atmospheric road trip and a lot of thoughtfully expressed, complex emotions. After that, the intrusion of an implausible plot twist is almost painful to read.

Still the best book I've read today.

314 pages
Reading: 2 hours
Blogging: 22 minutes

Labels: , ,

3Bligs:

Anonymous beth bligged...

Wow, I just put down my second book and I see you are on book 4! You are rocking.

I didn't think of the trick with having mp3s and text copies until too late.

I'm sorry this book shot itself in its foot at the end.

6/05/2010 12:05 AM  
Blogger web bligged...

There's always next year. :-)

6/05/2010 9:18 AM  
Blogger Lady S. bligged...

That's such a pity - what you say you were loving about it sounds so great, but it seems as if it really lost the plot -- in a manner of speaking.

6/06/2010 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home