Sunday, June 06, 2010

Book 11: The Wizard of Karres

The Wizard of Karres by Mercedes Lackey, Eric Flint and Dave Freer.

I was awakened earlier than I'd hoped by a force of nature, aka my darling child, so got a few last licks in after all. This is an other-authors sequel to one of my favorites, The Witches of Karres by James H. Schmitz. I haven't gotten far enough in to have a real opinion yet; they've certainly done a decent job of imitating the style and seem to have a handle on the characters, but I'm not sure the places they're taking the story feel right. But I may be impossible to please on this point.

Will do my finish line post in a while, there's lots of housecleaning (literally and figuratively) to take care of.


23 pages (out of 313)
Reading: 33 minutes
Blogging: on my own time

Labels: ,

2Bligs:

Anonymous beth bligged...

I'm still plugging along. I'm not looking forward to the math involved in my wrap-up post, since I will be completely fried. Now I'm jealous of people who started earlier on Friday.

6/06/2010 11:20 AM  
Blogger web bligged...

There's definitely something to be said for starting early. I already feel overwhelmed by having to play catch-up and it would be even worse if it was Monday.

6/06/2010 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home