Sunday, June 05, 2011

Book 8: The Panic Virus by Seth Minookin

I'll add my stats later, because I probably won't finish this book tonight and -- I hope -- will sleep too late to do any more reading for the challenge tomorrow.

It's traditional for me to read an autism book during the challenge and a nonfiction break seemed like a good idea. This is very interesting, though I'm not sure I'm taking everything in. I was very struck by how vulnerable children who can't yet be immunized are when immunization rates fall. It's not just an individual risk we're taking for our own children.

183 out of 311

Reading: 2 hours, 40 minutes
Blogging: 8 minutes
Networking: 3 minutes

Labels: , , ,

2Bligs:

Blogger Abby bligged...

Immunization is such a charged issue for some people, but I agree with what you've said... it's not just a risk for the child whose parents made the decision!

6/05/2011 6:52 AM  
Anonymous Beth bligged...

Congratulations! I'm just waking up for my last day of reading. Eight books makes a good dent on a TBR pile.

6/05/2011 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home