Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wendy, Master Criminal

I have an issue of Notes from the Windowsill almost ready to go, but am being held up by that thrice-cursed review of The Rules of Survival. Not only did I sweat blood over that thing, but apparently I stole it as well! Yes, I discovered that what I had thought was a rather neat turn of phrase came almost verbatim from the book jacket. No one else noticed, or if they did, they were too polite to say anything, but it seems better to fix it before officially publishing it.

How humbling. Now I'm terrified that I might have done this before without noticing.

I'm tempted to just burn that review down and salt the earth.

2Bligs:

Anonymous Anonymous bligged...

So hard not to do that. I mean, I couldn't swear to whether I have or not, but I know that I'm constantly doing this dance in which I try to read book jackets and other reviews without fully reading them, because I don't want to internalize any ideas, that I might then inadvertently put into my own reviews. Very tough!

2/07/2007 12:15 PM  
Blogger web bligged...

It's particularly irriating because I absolutely refused to let myself read anything anyone had written about that book. I honestly don't even remember reading the book jacket.

2/07/2007 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home