Sunday, June 05, 2011

Stats and Stories

My finish line post.

Time spent reading or listening to audio book: 23 hours, 1 minute

Time spent blogging: 1 hour, 43 minutes

Time spent networking: 51 minutes

Total time: 25 hours and 35 minutes

Number of complete books read: 7
Number of books I decided not to finish: 3 (plus several I only read a very short amount of)
Books not completed during the challenge: 3, including the audio book

Number of books that made me laugh: 4
Number of books that made me cry: 2

Favorite book: oh, so hard to decide. But I think I'll go with Cosmic.

Total time reading was about the same as last year, but I spent much less time blogging than usual. Generally I write full reviews, this year I just wasn't that into it, despite how awesome the books were. I read fewer books than last year, but I think most of them were longer and/or denser.

I decided to keep things very simple this year, minimal recordkeeping and plenty of breaks. The reward was a very easy feeling challenge -- low stress, low eyestrain, and the only time I really felt tired was when I read til 2 a.m last night. On the plus side, I loved the books I was reading! Aside from my "If I read one more first person narrative my head will explode" breakdown, I don't think I've ever enjoyed the reading in a challenge more. On the minus side... well, it felt less like a real challenge somehow. What's a book challenge if it doesn't exhaust you out of your mind?

Anyway, it's been great fun, as always. I love being part of this wacky community every year.

Labels:

5Bligs:

Blogger MotherReader bligged...

I kept it simple myself this year. I liked reading the books that had already had plenty of buzz, so I didn't feel the pressure to write a full review. I think I'll do that next time too.

Thanks for playing again!

6/05/2011 8:29 PM  
Blogger web bligged...

Yes, reading a book that everyone else has already written about is so relaxing! Unless it turns out you hate it, but that's fun in a different way. ;-)

6/05/2011 8:51 PM  
Blogger Lady S. bligged...

I didn't love all my books as much as you did, but also felt this was the easiest-going challenge ever. I read for more hours than ever before, but know what you mean about the slight down-side of not feeling wrecked at the end!

6/06/2011 5:43 AM  
Blogger web bligged...

Lady S., we are so whack!

6/06/2011 9:56 AM  
Blogger Lady S. bligged...

At least we're whack in company! From my pov, good company, too.

6/06/2011 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home