Friday, July 06, 2007

Poetry Friday: lonesome edition

As I type this, my other half is on his way to sing filk at the Heinlein Centenniel. Aint that always the way, the woman stays home with the kid, the man returns with his guitar or on it.

Yonder Blue by Christine Lavin

I see on the news, it's raining in London
Forty-six degrees
I hope you packed your raincoat darlin'
A scarf to protect you from the chilly breeze
I'm lookin' at the balmy Pacific
A kickline of palm trees
Oh you're in London... it's raining... forty-six degrees.

I read in the paper, it's foggy in Paris
The forecast is scattered showers
I picture you standing in a light drizzle
At the base of the Eiffel Tower
I am due to arrive in Vancouver in about
A couple of hours
Oh you're in Paris... it's foggy... expecting scattered showers.

Half a world away are we
I worry about you constantly
Are you dry?
Are you warm?
Are you safe from the storm?
Are you taking your vitamins regularly?
I tried all I've got to be with you
That's something you have not asked me to do
So I travel around, I've barely touched down
When you call from Yonder Blue.

The Pilot says it's warm and sunny in New York
Skies are crystal clear
I'm descending from the West
You're descending from the East
Please let this be our year
I can't wait, to see your face
Hold your sweet body near
Oh it's warm and it's sunny in New York City
Skies are crystal Clear
The future looks rosy
Let's get cozy
Hey Stranger... over here.

Labels: ,