Sunday, January 14, 2007

this tickles me

From the childlit list: a British radio children's program had a contest to rework traditional pantomine:

"Apparently the commonest theme was Cinderella choosing *not* to marry the prince. In the winning version she goes off as a companion to the Doctor (Doctor Who) instead."

A new fantasy for little girls -- I love it!

Evan's comment: "I haven't watched enough Dr. Who to be sure, but I have a feeling that would probably work as a plotline on the show. With, perhaps, some timelordy explanation for the fairy godmother and the midnight deadline."

~~

So far the list of what we thought Edmund was really eating includes tirimisu, English toffee and divinity, all of which make sense to me and make me hungry. Go and add yours.

1Bligs:

Blogger Heidi Rabinowitz bligged...

Oh, I love it! When I was a teenager I was the biggest Dr. Who freak. I wrote fan-fiction back then, and I'm sorry I never thought of this pantomime idea! It would have been so perfect!

Heidi Estrin
The Book of Life podcast
www.jewishbooks.blogspot.com

1/17/2007 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home