Friday, July 14, 2006

An imaginary conversation regarding _Bad Bear Detectives_ by Daniel Pinkwater

"This is a really annoying book," Wendy says.

"Yes, it really is," Evan says.

"I really liked the first Irving and Muktuk story," Wendy says.

"I also really liked the first Irving and Muktuk story," Evan says.

"And I know the other Irving and Muktuk stories are pretty popular," Wendy says.

"Have you heard that about the other Irving and Muktuk stories?" Evan asks.

"Yes I have," Wendy says.

"Oh," Evan says.

"And the plot of this one was pretty good. And I liked the ending," Wendy says.

"Yes, it had some funny parts and a funny ending," Evan says.

"But if I had to read 'Irving says' and 'Muktuk says' aloud one more time, I think my brain would have forced my body to find a large sharp knife and stick it into my own heart in self defense," Wendy says.

"I would not be a bit surprised," Evan says.