Wednesday, June 28, 2006

hee hee

Gregory K's latest "Oddaptation" has an unusual take on the Lorax.

(My son, who hates that book, might agree.)

While on the subject, this is my son's take on why The Cat in the Hat is scary. (We had never read it to him; he may have just remembered me saying I found it scary as a kid):

"The cat comes to somebody's house and steals everything. So they put him inside a big hat. Then they put him inside ANOTHER hat."

The actual book wound up seeming tame by comparison.

1Bligs:

Blogger Greg Pincus bligged...

I'm always hearing from different folks how different Seuss books creeped them out/frightened them as kids. But I dunno... finding a huge creature named Clark in the dark in the park isn't scary, is it? :-)

Thanks for the link. I'll post my Cat Oddaptation at some point, but I wanted to start with less "sacred" Seuss.

6/30/2006 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home