Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Where the Sidewalk Never Ends

Children's books we might see today. (Some are kind of annoying, but most are pretty funny.)

Labels:

4Bligs:

Anonymous beth (old pencil winner) bligged...

I liked Gary Paulsen’s, “Dull Butter Knife”. My son is currently reading the free range version. Come to think of it, the renamed one would be much shorter. "Then he died.

1/20/2010 12:28 PM  
Blogger web bligged...

Heh.

That somehow reminds me of the "Kids in the Hall" dull, spoon-collecting aliens. "Why don't they just have one that says 'Earth?' It would save time."

1/20/2010 12:52 PM  
Blogger MotherReader bligged...

I laughed at "Oh, The Places You’ll Wish Your Parents Had Let You Go.”

Cute idea. Interesting site. I had heard of the free-range parenting idea, but I never thought to look for a website. That actually shows how free-range I am - I don't even need a support system for my slacker parenting.

1/20/2010 6:00 PM  
Blogger web bligged...

It is an interesting site. I have issue, as I've written here before, not so much with free-range parenting as with the idea that children are *invariably* overprotected. It's kind of like how feminism used to only describe the experience of middle-class white women. Lots of children are underprotected and I was one of them. But I am as free-range as I feel comfortable being, with an autistic child. My husband is a lot more overprotective.

1/23/2010 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home