Friday, June 05, 2009

48 Hrs - The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

What a thoroughly awesome book! It reminded me of a mash up of "Veronica Mars," "Gilmore Girls" and the essay portion of Dorothy Bryant's A Day in San Francisco, as written by Judith Ivory. And more!

I don't dare attempt an actual review, I would still be at it long after the challenge was over. Wish I had the time right now to browse around and see what everyone else has written about it, but that will have to wait til Monday.


R: 2 hr, 25 m
B: 4 m

Running Totals

R: 4 hours, 25 minutes
B: 16 minutes

Labels:

7Bligs:

Blogger Ms. Yingling bligged...

Loved Frankie! There are more and more empowered, strong girl characters in books, and lots with fun twists. Good luck on your reading, and thanks for reminding me that, really, I should be on the treadmill all the time I'm reading!

6/05/2009 9:05 PM  
Blogger MotherReader bligged...

So even if you can't write the review, it looks like you're ready to pitch the screenplay for Hollywood.

6/05/2009 9:25 PM  
Blogger web bligged...

MR - I think I've found a new career path!

6/05/2009 10:56 PM  
Blogger Lady S. bligged...

Loved it too! I can imagine its being a kind of frustrating one to read in the Challenge - sort of nice to let it sink in a bit rather than plunging straight into the next book. I'll dig around for my write-up of it after Monday.

6/06/2009 2:17 PM  
Blogger web bligged...

Lady S - yes indeed, it was a poor choice in that regard. Pop back over here and gimme the URL when you find your write-up, would you? I'd be interested to read it.

6/06/2009 4:00 PM  
Blogger Lady S. bligged...

Will do!

6/07/2009 2:22 AM  
Blogger Lady S. bligged...

I hadn't remembered that I wrote up Disreputable History along with a couple of other books, so there's less than I might have said about it. Here it is, anyway.

6/09/2009 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home