Sunday, April 19, 2009

looking for books abut kids who are flat, invisible, have magic lamps, go to outer space and celebrate Christmas.

It took having a kid, but I finally really get series books. Oh what an exquisite relief it is to have my son inquire about other "Flat Stanley" books, look them up at the library and discover five other titles!

(He does not like me to choose or even suggest books, you see, but is perfectly willing to have me acquire them.)

It must be strange, the beginning reading relationship. Books are something you love, yet are still a little scared of. And there are so many intimidating choices. And everyone wants you to pick theirs. What a great feeling to find something you like, and then find more of the same.

1Bligs:

Blogger MotherReader bligged...

I've been sold on series when it hit me that my kids could watch a TV show in the morning, see same episode on in the afternoon and watch it anyway. It's funny how we as parents hear over and over how much babies and kids love - no crave - repetition, and then we're surprised that they love series books.

4/19/2009 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home