Wednesday, December 05, 2007

yes! yes! yes!

"Oh I'm feeling so sad because Dad's away. It just makes me want to sit here and read a book."

And to make me even happier... the book is The Phantom Tollbooth, which I managed to sneak into my non-fiction-loving boy's life by reading him the chapters about the Mathemagician.

4Bligs:

Blogger Jen Robinson bligged...

That's excellent, Wendy. I had a friend call recently, excited because her daughter had asked if they could turn the TV off and read instead, because she already knew how the movie would end, but she didn't know about the book yet. These are moments when you realize that you've raised a book-lover, and it's excellent.

12/05/2007 10:12 AM  
Blogger web bligged...

I was similarly pleased when I picked him up at school and found him in the reading corner while all the other kids were watching a cartoon. (They sure watch a lot of t.v. in school. :-\ )

12/06/2007 5:52 PM  
Blogger Camille bligged...

OK, I HAVE to read The Phantom Tollbooth.

12/09/2007 9:21 PM  
Blogger web bligged...

You do, you do!

12/11/2007 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home