Friday, April 06, 2007

poetry Friday: Bruno Bettleheim sucks

Thanks for all the kind comments on my Little Blog on the Prairie. I was thinking of submitting it for the next Carnival of Children's Literature, but I dunno--too much of an in-joke?

My next foray into creative writing will most likely be writing a song for the Emergency Musical Collective's production of The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs. This will take place on May 5th, in Santa Cruz, California. If you're interested in writing a song--and anyone is welcome to participate, actual talent is only considered a plus--or just in watching the show, drop me an email. (References proving you're not an insane Internet stalker much appreciated.)

For poetry Friday, here's Evan's song from the last Musical Emergency production, the Frog Prince. He is singing from the point of view of the frog, who is extremely annoyed by being in the traditional version of the song in which he doesn't get kissed. How unfair is that?!

Labels: , ,

3Bligs:

Anonymous Anonymous bligged...

I think that if you edited the original post so that the references to other blogs were links (I know, a hassle, but it could be done), then you could view it as an introduction, instead of an in-joke. But I think I'm being swayed by the fact that I think that it's SO FUNNY and I want to include it.

4/06/2007 7:12 PM  
Blogger web bligged...

Just the thought of it makes my eyes cross, but yeah, it would be a good idea.

4/06/2007 8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous bligged...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/16/2007 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home