Thursday, April 06, 2006

A visit to the Bunny Planet





I chose the url for this blog on the spur of the moment, since "windowsill" turned out to be taken. (And in one way it was an unfortunate choice, as you will see if you go to the url without the "blogspot," which I do not recommend.) But it just hit me, how perfect it really is. There are three Bunny Planet books and The Island Light, a father-son story is Evan's favorite. First Tomato, a mother-daughter story, is mine. And though she doesn't know it yet, Moss Pillows, a leave-me-alone-in-peace-and-quiet story is definitely animouses favorite. ;-)

3Bligs:

Anonymous Anonymous bligged...

Came to check this out (from your mention on Child_lit_) on the strength of the 'bunnyplanet' in the url. These books are the best! My girls also loved Hazel's Amazing Mother, all the Ruby and Max books, and lots of others. I've always thought Rosemary Wells and Diana Wynne Jones show a similar sense of humour (in some books) but never quite figured out what it is that makes me feel that.

Book-marking this blog now for regular reading.

Hallie

4/09/2006 1:33 PM  
Blogger web bligged...

Hmm. I'll have to read some more of Wells to see if I can catch what you're seeing.

And perhaps you will persuade animouse to give Wells a try, because she's a big Wynne Jones fan!

Thanks for joining us.

4/09/2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Kelly bligged...

"Moss Pillows" is my favorite! But, I love these books so much, they have become my standard 3-4-year-old birthday gift (if I can get them in the box). They are wonderful.

4/10/2006 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home