Thursday, June 04, 2009

messages from the universe

I really felt too busy for the 48 Hour Book Challenge this year, but I've just received the most tempting stack of YA paranormals and it seems like a sign. I highly approve of making minor life decisions based on random acts of UPS, don't you?

I will undoubtedly make a poor showing--and why do I always have events scheduled on Saturdays, so whether I start the first or second day, I'm equally screwed?--but I have an excuse to ignore my family, housework and personal hygiene for at least a little while and ya gotta love that.

Labels:

3Bligs:

Blogger Jen Robinson bligged...

Is it crazy that I really like the phrase "random acts of UPS"?

I hope you'll participate. It's going to be fun! Last year I had a Saturday afternoon function that couldn't be avoided, and it killed me for the whole day - I never got back into my groove. This year, though, my schedule is blissfully clear.

6/04/2009 6:53 PM  
Blogger MotherReader bligged...

Oh, I totally believe in messages from the universe - especially when they come in boxes. Play along as you can and enjoy the excuse to read.

6/04/2009 8:47 PM  
Blogger web bligged...

Jen, that happens to me every year. So it always winds up being more like a 24 hour challenge. :-( Ah well.

MR, have you ever read... oh damn, I can't remember what it's called, but Anne Lamott's second book about being a parent? She talks in it about how her son really wanted to fly and how this perfect opportunity came along when some folks offered him a chance to go up in their plane with them, but she was too chickenshit (my words, not hers) and said no. My husband and I were throwing FITS. You do not turn down offers from the universe like that!

6/05/2009 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home