Tuesday, October 21, 2008

going political - but they started it!



A few months ago, I was a guest at a wedding. It was very special to me, because I knew how hard the couple had worked to get to that place. They had demonstrated their love and commitment again and again, over years of challenges. That made it one of the most touching weddings I had ever witnessed, and I felt lucky to be there.

But perhaps lucky isn't quite the right word. Because the reason I was able to be there was that this couple wasn't legally allowed to get married in their own state, and had to come all the way to mine to do it.

And now some people are trying to take that marriage away from them. And since I pledged, along with all the other witnesses there, to support it, I'm doing my part now. By giving money to No on Prop 8. And by blogging today. And by voting a big fat NO on Proposition 8.

And here to say pretty much the same thing, but with added value funny, is Roy Zimmerman. Enjoy.

Labels:

2Bligs:

Anonymous Anonymous bligged...

Hear hear.

10/31/2008 9:36 PM  
Blogger MotherReader bligged...

I will never understand what possible issue it is for people if the gay couple who lives next door has the right to get married. Vote on no on prop 8 and cancel out hate.

11/03/2008 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home