Monday, June 12, 2006

books for the top 25

fusenumber8 has asked for contributions to a our list of the top 25 children's books of the past 25 years.

My very personal, idiosyncratic list, deliberately limited to fiction

Stonewords - Pam Conrad
The Watson's Go to Brimingham, 1963- Christopher Paul Curtis
Shadow of a Hero - Peter Dickinson
Deep Wizardry - Diane Duane
The Ear, the Eye and the Arm - Nancy Farmer
The Cuckoo's Child - Suzanne Freeman
The Tulip Touch - Anne Fine
Westminster West - Jessie Haas
Slot Machine - Chris Lynch
The Killer's Cousin - Nancy Werlin
Homecoming - Cynthia Voigt
I Hadn't Mean to Tell You This - Jacqueline Woodson

2Bligs:

Anonymous Anonymous bligged...

Amazingly, I've only read one book from your list (Deep Wizardry - I love that series). I have a couple of others already on my to read shelf, or at least on my to-read list, but you've inspired me to add several others. Thanks!

6/12/2006 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous bligged...

The list looks interesting, I'll keep it somewhere, maybe in the future I'll need it, who Knows right?
Good blog and writing !
Thanks for checking out my site !

El Plagiarista.

6/13/2006 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home