Thursday, May 04, 2006

speaking of Locomotion...

Check out this cover, a book I just got for review:



and this book from a few years back:



What do they have in common with the paperback cover of Locomotion?

You could never tell from them that the protagonist of the story isn't white.

1Bligs:

Blogger MotherReader bligged...

That is strange. I noticed it in an adult book, at least kind of. The book is The Joy of Doing Things Badly and it's written by Veronica Chambers, a black author. But while the picture inside is of a black woman, the picture on the cover is white. I guess they didn't want the book to be indentified as only of interest to African Americans, but it did strike me as an interesting choice. Of course, I think misrepresenting the character of the book is stranger.

It's hard to see the book covers online though. I'll look for them at my library.

1/08/2007 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home