Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Cinco De Mayo/Poetry Friday!



"Este nino lindo
que nacio de dia
quiere quo lo lleven
a comer sandia."

"This beautiful boy,
Born in the sun,
Wants watermelon
For everyone."

I have a bad cold and my head seems to be emptier than my stomach, so this will just be a brief mention and will have to serve double duty. The people who brought us the delightful Pio Peep have done another bilingual collection of Spanish rhymes for children and it's even better, with lullabies, nursery rhymes, jump-rope songs, riddles and just about anything you could want from the oral heritage of childhood. The pictures are by Maribel Suarez, who illustrated Te Amo Bebe, Little One, a big favorite around here. They're a touch on the overly cutesy side, with lots of snub noses and big round eyes, but very lively and cheerful.

1Bligs:

Anonymous Anonymous bligged...

Oh, nice. I like this one! I'll look for the book.

5/05/2006 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home