Wednesday, May 03, 2006

can't judge a book, but...

I just got the prettiest set of hardcover reprints of the "Mary Poppins" books, from Harcourt. Each book is a different color, and the jackets have a sort of textured look to mimic binding, as if they were perfectly preserved versions of the originals, instead of reprints. I don't even especially like Mary Poppins, but the set is so purty, I want to display it. Or maybe just fondle it.

1Bligs:

Anonymous Anonymous bligged...

Hello, Windowsill. Reviewing children's books, ah. I did hundreds as a retired public librarian. There are many, many books which offer nothing to children. Children need the best writing and illustrating simply because they cannot select for themselves. Just as I bowed out, computer generated illustrations were surfacing. Awful. Small children receive the message of the book through the hand-made, original, one of a kind drawings of an artist. So sad.

10/05/2006 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home