Saturday, April 01, 2006

Finally Read: And Tango Makes Three

... and how embarrassing to discover that it's really good. I confess, I pretty much expected it to be terrible. It's a good sign, I think, when books about formerly underground topics start to be well written and attractively illustrated.

My little boy didn't seem especially impressed, but he prefers animals-as-people stories. I always did, too.

2Bligs:

Blogger fusenumber8 bligged...

I agree. A fabulous book. It's also the only really well-written and illustrated picture book with a homosexual family in it. "King & King" was written well-enough but the art was so-so. "Heather Has Two Mommies" is more famous for its name than how great it is. "Daddy's Roommate"? Nope. I was also thrilled to find the the Central Park Zoo gift shop sells tons of copies of "And Tango Makes Three" too.

4/02/2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger web bligged...

I have found other picture books I like - One Dad, Two Dads, Brown Dads, Blue Dads is fun, although the art could be better - but they have definitely been the exception rather than the rule.

4/02/2006 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home